Austin Tree Service offers stump grinding with your tree removal service or after your tree removal service even if we didn’t remove the actual tree. So, what’s stump grinding? Stump grinding is the process of using a stump grinder to remove a tree stump from your property. Professional tree services have professional grade stump grinders. They grind the stump and the roots into small chips. To do it right, a professional will grind down 10 – 12 inches below ground level so you can plant anything you like in its place.
Stump grinding has many benefits. We list five in this article.
- Stumps are ugly. The sight of a stump isn’t appealing. If you want your yard to look its best, a good stump grinding will help get it there.
- Stumps can be hazardous. Children can trip over them. If a neighbor trips over the stump, you are liable for it. This could lead to a lawsuit if not handled properly. Tree stumps can damage your lawn mower if you happen to go over them by accident while mowing the lawn. Stump grinding can eliminate all of those problems.
- A left-behind stump can cause new tree growth. Sometimes, if you leave a stump behind and don’t grind it, you can see little sprouts growing. This can result in many small trees growing around the stump. Not only is this unsightly to your landscaping but it’s also costly to remove. The new shoots might come back. You may need to use chemicals to kill them completely. The small trees are also a nuisance to other plants located near them because they take their nutrients.
- Stumps attract insects. When you leave stumps in your lawn, the decaying tree takes a long time to rot away completely. During the decaying process, the stump attracts beetles, termites, ants and more. If left unchecked, they can eventually infiltrate your home.
- Stumps take up yard space. Especially if you have a small yard, the stump and roots can take up otherwise useable space. You could use that space for other things like a flower bed or even grass.
As you can see, when you have your tree removed, a good stump grinding should be a part of the process. If you have questions about the process of stump grinding and whether it would be good for your yard, give us a call at 512-341-8888 today. Austin Tree Service is always ready to help.